|Experience the joy of advanced yoga. Designed for certified Sivananda Yoga Teachers, this powerful and transformative four-week course takes you to a more profound level of spiritual knowledge. It provides an ideal training for expanding and deepening your own spiritual practice and advancing on the spiritual path. If you are an active teacher, it is a natural step to take to broaden your teaching practice.
Through intensive yoga practice and the study of raja yoga and vedanta you will experience a heightened sense of well-being and confidence. Individual guidance and yogic self-discipline are important aspects of the Course. The immersion in sadhana and yogic studies with others of like-mind removes doubts. Inspiration is strengthened, personal practice is established on a firmer and broader base and teaching skills improve. The Course is one of the most comprehensive, complete and authentic yoga teacher training programmes available today.
The discipline helps reset daily habits that do not serve the yogic lifestyle and by reconnecting to the pure lineage of our Gurus you are filled with renewed inspiration. Our locations provide a place in which you will feel safe to challenge yourself and to explore your limits with the support of knowledgeable teachers and staff. On graduation you will receive Yoga Acharya, or Master of Yoga, certification. The Course meets the requirements for the Yoga Alliance RYT-500 certification.
The Advanced Teachers’ Training Course is open to successful graduates of the Sivananda Yoga Teachers’ Training Course. A high degree of self-motivation is required for all aspects of the course. To ensure the success of the programme, participants are required to attend all spiritual activities, satsangs, lectures and asana classes.
Meat, fish, eggs, black tea, coffee, alcohol, tobacco drugs are prohibited during the course as they are counterproductive to the yoga practice. A dress code is followed. It is not possible to cater to personal dietary preferences beyond the yogic-vegetarian meals. Participants who do not comply with the Ashram rules may be dismissed from the course.
|The intensive daily schedule includes:
- One pranayama class
- Two satsangs
- Two asana classes
- Three lectures
- One hour of karma yoga
- One day a week is lecture-free
- The twelve basic postures in depth
- Practice of classical advanced variations
- Precise and detailed corrections
- Prolonged holding of asanas
- Deeper understanding of hatha yoga
- One hour of pranayama daily (kapalabhati & anuloma viloma)
- Advanced pranayamas
- Use of bandhas
- The Six Philosophical Schools of India
- Analogies of the Supreme Reality
- Study of vedantic meditation techniques
- Explanation of vedantic mantras
- In-depth study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- The mechanics and control of the mind
- Detailed study of the eight limbs of raja yoga
- The nine types of bhakti
- The five attitudes of devotion
- The Sanskrit alphabet
- Correct pronunciation and spelling of the mantras and hymns
Kirtan (Mantra Chanting)
- Positive effects on the emotions
- Correct pronunciation and mental attitude
- Learning of classical Sanskrit chants
Anatomy and Physiology
- Study of the nervous and endocrine systems and their relation to the practice of asanas, pranayama and meditation
- Subtle aspects of the vegetarian diet
- Proper nutrition according to the three-dosha theory of Ayurveda
| 5:00 am
|Advanced Pranayama Class
| 6:00 am
| 8:00 am
|Anatomy and Physiology
| 9:00 am
| 10:00 am
| 11:00 am
| 12:00 pm
|Sanskrit or/Raja Yoga Sutras
| 2:00 pm
| 4:00 pm
|Advanced Asana Class
| 6:00 pm
| 8:00 pm
| 10:30 pm
Uniform and Manual: ATTC manual is provided as a part of the course material and is included in the course fee. Students are required to bring their TTC uniform to be used during the course. Uniforms are not provided for the course but are usually available for purchase at the Ashram boutique.
Meals: Simple vegetarian meals are provided at 10am and 6pm.
Refund policy: please refer to the policy in each individual location.
Evaluation: Evaluation of students is based on:
- Theory during the course
- Final written exam
- Unsuccessful students will have to repeat the entire course with cost to qualify for the certificate
Language: Please make sure of language requirements before registering for the Course.
Things to bring: Please go to the individual Ashram site for specific requirements. These will include comfortable modest clothing, walking shoes, sandals, toiletries, personal items, meditation shawl, yoga mat, meditation cushion, notebooks, pens, towels, water bottle and torch (flashlight). Most of these items can be purchased at the Ashram boutique.
Required Texts: These are not included in the course fee and can be bought from the Ashram boutique:
- The Completed Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda
- Meditation & Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda
Also Bring: Neti pot, TTC manual and teacher uniforms.