In the Yoga 1 course you will learn the basics of yoga: yoga postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), sun salutation (surya namaskar), and techniques of deep relaxation. Develop strength and flexibility, sharpen the mind, and reduce stress. You will also get an introduction to the philosophy of yoga and Swami Vishnudevananda’s 5 Points of Yoga.
This course is for you if:
- You are completely new to yoga
- Are looking for an authentic, traditional approach to yoga
- Want to learn simple tools to increase your health, well-being and sense of calm in everyday life
- Want to learn in small groups with experienced and knowledgeable teachers
- You would like to refresh your practice or learn a different style of yoga
Following the Introduction to Yoga course, you will be able to join our daily Open classes and practice efficiently. Once you learn the simple sequence, you will be able to practice yoga anywhere, anytime!
This course consists of 8 sessions of 90 minutes each.